Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Lab Hours due May 12
I struggled a bit with my NWC objects. I put in a hefty 17 hours of lab time this week! I spent 3 hours in the CSUS and Central libraries searching for sources and going through every picture in every book. I spent 8 hours searching online and researching the Northwest Coast/British Columbia Native American communities, geographic regions and material culture, as well as completed the inventory worksheets by hand, so I could type them up tonight. I spent 4 hours tonight reviewing the accession file, Cotton's notebook and B&G's section on condition reporting and then finally typing the worksheets. I also docented in the museum today from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. I spent an extra hour there because I needed to talk to my art history professor, Elaine O'Brien who asked to see our exhibition - so of course I had to give her a tour! Also, 2 school groups (one really big one) from Hiram Johnson Elementary School came through (one group got there just before 4:00 p.m.). I gave them both tours. I loved it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I sent your image Brian Bibby, but he was already gone. Sorry I couldn't offer any assistance.
ReplyDeleteVery cool, Stacey...glad you were there to show them all around! Thanks!
ReplyDelete