Thursday, February 4, 2010

Post due Februrary 10

My blog is up and running. I spent two and a half hours customizing and building my blog as well as doing some research for the class exhibition assignment. I added two links to websites I found for exhibition ideas. One is from the Eleanor Wilson Museum, which has a brief description of a student curated exhibition titled, "Behind the Scenes at the Museum..." I liked the title, but also thought that we may want to move in that direction. The second link is from the Institute of Museum Ethics on a discussion of open storage displays. I thought it might be easier to do an exhibition on open storage. There's mention of consultation with First Nation communities and how others use this form of access to collections.

The accession numbers for the Cotton collection pieces I will be processing are:
40 FIB0016 74-30-98
35 BEA0052 74-35-66
2 BAS0013 74-32-2-15

1 comment: