Thursday, February 18, 2010

Schedule a visit to Sloughhouse Pioneer Cemetery - unsure of access

My boyfriend and I tried to find another phone number for the inn and found an article stating that the inn closed. I don't have time to try to find another contact out there to see where the key is or if we can still get into the cemetery. I suppose we can just head out there and try anyway. Has anyone found contact info?

7 comments:

  1. Try calling the old sac cemetery association for a contact (this is the group that manages the old cemetery on Broadway and Riverside). OR you might try calling SAMCC (Sacramento Archives Museum Collection Center) and see if they have a contact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I called the SAMCC and the person who answered had no idea, but she thought the Old City Cemetery Assoc would know also. Their line was busy, but I finally got through to an answering machine. I left a message. Has anyone else had any luck? Do you think we should go out there anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry. I've been getting sick, so I've been more or less crashed on the couch. We might as well still go out there. I might try to see what else is around there that I could call and ask about the cemetery... see what kind of access there is otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm too much of a planner. I'll let you guys figure it out. If I get a call back from the Cemetery Assoc, I'll let you know. I'll focus my time on the Sacramento Room at the library instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know when you want to go to the library? We should go together if we can. Otherwise, we could just compare notes.

    It sounds like Dr. C is planning a field trip for the cemetery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to go to the library next Saturday at 1:30 for another class, so while I'm there, I'll check out the Sacramento Room. The library closes at 5:00. It would be great if you could go at the same time, if you don't go to the cemetery. I would love it if we went there on a field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's too bad that the contact information difficult to access! I hope that Dr.C does set up a field trip :)

    ReplyDelete